"Sometimes the ball looks like a marble and I can't make any saves. After training with NJLT the ball looks like a beach ball and I feel like a brick wall that can't be beat."
Being a goalie can be a players ticket to more playing time. Some goalies begin their lacrosse goalie career because their team is left without a goalie, while others pick the position out of choice. Whatever the reason you became a goalie we will work with you to make sure you start seeing beach balls rather than marbles. A confident goalie is the hardest to score on because they know they are going to make the save before the ball is released from the shooters stick.
Our goalie lessons begin with the basics regarless of how advanced the goalies skills are. Many goalies have never been formally instructed how to play the position. Without properly instructed fundamentals, many goalies are labelled as reaction goalies. Reaction goalies save the ball purely based off reacting to the shot, rather than putting them into a position to give them an advantage over the shooter.
In each lesson our NJLT coach will start with a warmup and then introduce as many new skills to the goalie as time will allow. After a new skill is introduced, we test the goalies comprehension of the new skill by shooting shots designed to challenge the skill. Our coaches work at a speed that is designed to thoroughly cover all skills introduced, some lessons will cover many new skills while other lessons will only cover a few. It is more important for the goalie to master every skill before moving to the next.
Private Lacrosse Lessons
- One Hour of one on one individual attention.
- All Lessons are tailored to the individual goalies needs.
- Every lesson begins with a quick 150 to 200 shot warmup
- Lessons are designed to develop and challenge each players abilities.
- Subsequent lessons are designed to build on the players strengths and improve weaknesses.
- Players are required to wear FULL goalie equipment for goalie lessons. NJLT does not provide equipment for goalies to use.
- HOMEWORK!!! Its not just for school, players will be assigned skills and drills to work on between lessons so the instructor can introduce new skills in the next lesson.
Contact our director to find out more information about our goalie lessons and to schedule a session.
Contact for goalie lessons:
Director: Dennis Mann
Small Group Lessons for goalies are not available.